The 2011 ICDE Standing Conference of Presidents (SCOP) was hosted by SUNY Empire State College in New York, USA, on 19-22 June.
24th ICDE World Conference
The conference was hold on 2-5 October 2011 in Indonesia, and hosted by Universitas Terbuka, Indonesia.
Theme: Expanding horizons – new approaches to ODL
1) ODL and human capacity building
2) ODL in a changing world
3) Quality and ODL in the future
4) Management and strategic development of ODL
5) OERs in a global world
6) International development and distance learning
May 27 - 29
4th International Conference on ICT for Development, Education and Training in Dakar, Senegal.
Theme: eLearning Africa 2009: Learn, Share, and Network
The Continent’s largest annual assembly of eLearning and education professionals from Africa and beyond will convene in the capital, Dakar.
In 2009, eLearning Africa continues to build and expand a worldwide network for people involved in all aspects of technology-enhanced education and training in Africa, including management and policymaking. As with the previous conferences, eLearning Africa 2009 will be conducted in both English and French.
23rd ICDE World Conference on Open Learning and Distance Education in Maastricht in the Netherlands
Theme: Flexible Education for All: Open – Global – Innovative
Host: Open University of the Netherlands
Registration open: 19 June 2008
Abstract submission open: 19 June 2008
Abstract submission closed: 15 November 2008
Publication of accepted abstracts: Mid January 2009
Early Bird Fee deadline: 1 February 2009
Full Paper submission deadline: 1 May 2009
Conference: 7 June 2009
3 –5 November
23rd AAOU Annual Conference in Tehran, Iran
Theme: Evaluation of Open and Distance Learning Systems
– Evaluating Socio-Economic Performance of Open and Distance Learning (ODL)
a) Openness of ODL institutions
b) Social credibility of ODL
c) Economics of ODL
d) Effects of ODL systems in socio-cultural development of deprived regions
e) Role of ODL in sustainable development
– Evaluating Academic Performance of ODL
a) courses and learning materials
b) Open and distance learning versus conventional systems
c) Criteria affecting success of ODL systems
d) Efficient models of evaluation in ODL
e) Learner self-evaluation
– Evaluating the Impact of Modern Technologies on ODL Systems
a) Emerging technologies and new learning materials
b) Contemporary teaching-learning strategies
c) Transition from traditional ODL to virtual education
d) New devices, new approaches
– Evaluating Organizational and Staff Development in ODL
a) Organizational development in ODL
b) The authors of learning materials
Evaluating Cooperation among ODL Systems
a) Consultation and collaboration with domestic universities
b) Consultation and collaboration with other ODL universities worldwide
c) Ranking indicators in ODL universities
d) Going beyond quality control towards excellence
Host: Payame Noor University
April 4, 2009 Deadline for abstracts
June 1, 2009 Notification of acceptance of abstracts
July 1, 2009 Submission of full papers
September 1, 200 Early-bird registration deadline
September 30, 2009 Deadline for registration
2nd ACDE (African Council for Distance Education) Conference in Lagos, Nigeria
Theme: Open and Distance Learning (ODL) for Sustainable Development
Sustainable development involves proffering creative solutions to various kinds of problems that have arisen as world economies become more integrated. The conference explores the possibility of achieving development goals and thus enhances the quality of life through open and distance learning in Africa and in the developing world.
The Fifth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning (PCF5)
PCF5 took place at the University of London.
Theme: Access to Learning for Development
The conference explored how open and distance learning can help achieve international development goals and education for all.
PCF5 was sponsored by University of London External System, Open University & UNESCO.
The 22nd Annual Conference of the Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU) in Tianjin, China
Theme: The New Development, New Trends and New Missions of Open and Distance Education in Asia and the World
- The Culture of Open and Distance Education
- Quality in Open and Distance Education
- Educational Technology in Open and Distance Education
- Learning Resources in Open and Distance Education
- Study Support for Open and Distance Education
- Regulation Assurance and Management Innovation in Open and Flexible Learning
Host: Tianjin Radio and TV University
ICDE SCOP meeting in Shanghai
The Standing Conference of Presidents (SCOP) is a meeting of invited policy-level decision makers, from ICDE member universities and outside. The meeting is organized as a workshop for principals on items of relevance in the field of flexible, open, distance and "e"-learning and teaching:
- SCOP provides a unique global forum for exchange on the current situation and the further development and perspectives of open and distance teaching universities
- SCOP offers confidential insight-presentations and opportunities for benchmarking as well as open discussions on barriers and constraints, potentials and visions in the field.
- SCOP offers opportunities for exploring partnerships and strategic cooperation with other ICDE institutional members from all over the world.
Host: Shanghai TV University
Global Forum on Open and Distance Education
Theme: The Future of Open and Distance Education and the Building of the Learning City: New Challenges, New Opportunities and New Strategies
- Economic globalization, emergence of knowledge economies and internationalization of higher education and the future of open and distance education The Culture of Open and Distance Education
- The building of public learning platforms and the application of open educational resources
- Addressing marginal and disadvantaged groups in particular and meeting the growing and diversifying learning needs
Host: shanghai TV University
ICDE International Conference in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Theme: Current Challenges of Virtual Learning
- Distance Education as an element of Social Inclusion and Civic Participation
- Research and Development in Distance Education
- Construction and Knowledge Management through Distance Education
- Contributions from Distance Education in their different fields of application
Host: University of the Caribbean
SCOP meeting 2007 in Heerlen, Netherlands
Theme: Open Educational Resources as an instrument for achieving Education for All
Subtitle Theme: Policies, impact, conditions and implementation options for the ICDE membership
Host: Open University of the Netherlands
ICDE International Conference in Toluca, Mexico
Theme: The Metamorphosis of Distance Education in the Third Millennium Institutions, Programs, Technologies, Roles.... the Same?
- The different developments of Distance Education in different contexts: Social, Cultural, and Economic.
- The new profile of distance programs in the third millennium.
- The role of technology in the transformations experienced by this modality.
- The structural configuration of institutions that develop Distance Education.
- Distance Education's Image in Society in the Third Millennium.
- The actors in Distance Education.
- Does F2F Education promote the "culture" of Distance Education?
Host: Toluca Campus of Instituto Tecnologico de Monterrey
21st Annual Conference of the Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU)
Theme: Empowering Asia through Partnerships in Open and Distance Education
- The provision of learning support
-Theoretical and pedagogical models
- Assessment and quality assurance
- Technological innovation for interaction and delivery
- Local culture and curricular adaptability
- Management and policy development
Host: Open University, University Terbuka Malaysia
October 31 - November 2
U.S./China Continuing Higher Education Forum in Beijing, China
- The History, Values, and Missions of Continuing Higher Education in China and the United States: Differences and Likenesses
- Moving from MOUs between Universities with Interlocking Interests to Project Implementation: Surmounting Obstacles, Realizing Opportunities
- Building and Sustaining a Successful Transnational Collaboration: Case Studies
- Tailoring Education to Local Needs: Case Studies
- Trends, Markets, and Issues Relative to Customized Corporate Education in China
- Learning from Each Other - Reciprocal Strengths
- Future Directions and Challenges for CCEA and UCEA Members Involved in Transnational Educational.
Host: University Continuing Education Association and China Continuing Education Association, together with Tsinghua University
ICDE International Conference in Tianjin, China
Theme: The Lifeline of the Open and Distant Education; Quality
Host: Tianjin Municipal Educational Admission and Examinations Authority (TAEA) in cooperation with the Ministry of Education of China and the Tianjin Education Commission.
ICDE SCOP in Lillehammer, Norway
Theme: Borderless University Teaching - Cooperation and Competition
Host: Lillehammer University College
22nd ICDE World Conference in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Theme: Promoting Quality in Distance, Flexible and ICT based Education
Host: Brazilian Association for Distance Education (ABED)
20th AAOU Annual Conference in Yunnan, China
Theme: Reflections on and Future for Choice and Use of New Technologies in ODL- Strategies, Cost-Effectiveness and Impacts.
Host: Yunnan Radio & TV University
ICDE International Conference, New Delhi, India
Theme: Open & Distance education in Global environment: Opportunities for Collaboration
- Internationalisation: collaboration and networking
- ICT-enabled education
- Quality and accreditation
- Globalisation, culture and ODL
- Distance education for development
Host: Indira Gandhi National Open University
AAOU 19th Annual Conference, Indonesia
Theme: Building Knowledge-Based Society through Open and Distance Education.
- ODE in changing educational paradigm
- Promoting education for all
- Management in ODE
- Public ownership
Host: Terbuka University
SCOP meeting in cologne, Germany
Theme: Universities in the Digital World: Potentials and Challenges for Innovation
Host: Fernuniversitet in Hagen